top of page

Paternity Actions - Protecting your rights as a single father

Updated: Sep 24, 2021

Did you know that your name on your child's birth certificate does not mean that you have legal rights to your child. The mother of your son or daughter can move, leave the country and make decisions about your child without you. If you want to make sure that your rights as a Dad are protected, you must file an action for paternity if you weren't married to the mother of your child when your child was born.

When you file an action for paternity, it's important to realize that informal arrangements may work in your favor or against you. Right now, you may be paying less money in child support than you are legally required to pay. You may be required to pay money for child support for the last two years although no one ever asked for child support. Supporting your child financially is an important part of being a dad, and everyone should be treated fairly. The amount of time that you spend with your child as well as the income of your child's mother will be important factors that will increase or decrease your child support payment.

We are here to help you protect your rights as a dad, find hidden income, and ensure that child support is calculated fairly, the way the law requires. Call us at Williams Litigation Group today for your free consultation to protect your rights as a single father today.

14 views0 comments


bottom of page